Thursday, June 3, 2010

Look to the Cookie

Black and White cookies.  I think they're the kind of thing you had to grow up with to truly love.  I used a tried and true recipe based on one straight from Zabars in New York City.  And while I was off a bit on the 'big & round" qualities of the cookie, the rest of it was spot on.  The cakey cookie, the half vanilla, half chocolate icing - that even looked 'pro' on some of the smaller cookies that managed to come out in a circle.  Personally, I think people mainly love them because they're typically HUGE, but in my more normal sized version, well, I could take 'em or leave 'em.  Guess I'm kind of hoping there's some transplanted New Yorkers that need reminding of home - to them, I'm sure they'll be delicious!
 (for great pictures check out the recipe link to Smitten Kitchen)

Evidently I wasn't the first to have the notion that a cookie can change the world:
"...If people would only look to the cookie, all of our problems would be solved."  Jerry Seinfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment