Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Got Tea?

Just a quick post about the cookies for the last week of August ... Chai Snickerdoodles and Coconut Biscotti.  My personal assessment, the Chai cookies were easy and delicious and a nice change of flavor from a regular sugar cookie or traditional snickerdoodle.  The mix of chai spices, traditionally Cardamom, Cinnamon, Ginger & Cloves (or Allspice as used in this recipe) was subtle but definitely there, I think it helped that the recipe called for first mixing the spices with sugar and then reserving some to roll the unbaked cookies in - a really nice touch.  I would make these again in a minute.

As for the Coconut Biscotti, just so-so.  It was ok in that it was a crunchy cookie - and in that regard very suitable for dunking in a cup of tea - but the coconut wasn't all that pronounced. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure I didn't miss an ingredient, like the vanilla extract maybe - sorry.  I can't be sure, and damn Bravo and those Jersey housewives for distracting me so much!  But the worse thing is not knowing for sure.  If I actually did make them according to the recipe, and I make them again, and they come out exactly the same - well, I'd be pretty disappointed.  So it may be awhile before this one ever gets another shot, there's WAY too many great cookies and sure things out there to waste time and ingredients on an average cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment